Monday, November 17, 2014

New Age Music Collaborations

Hello Everyone! I have recently been thinking about how music is changing and evolving as I grow older through the years. I consider myself a Millennial, and it seems that the new young generation that the music is appealing to is Generation Z. In this thought, I cannot say that I do not enjoy the genres of music I am about to speak of, I just have noticed that change becoming more prevalent.

What I have noticed more recently is the different collaborations between genres of music.
It can be seen in country, rock, rap and even pop music. One that I noticed in particular is the country group Florida Georgia Line. They have done collaborations with rap star Nelly in their hit song "cruise", even Tim McGraw performed a duo with the rapper back in 2004.

Country music is not the only genre of music that is seeing this shift. Rap is also coming around to adding a touch of classic rock to their mixes. I have heard songs featuring Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin mixed in with today's hottest rap star's beats.

This change up can be a great thing to expand the minds of music lovers everywhere.  Not only does shows that you don't have to like just one type of music and that all genres are bias against other music, but it brings an expansion to the listener that there are other great artists out there that may not particularly a part of your personal choice but worth a listen too. You never know, you might just end up liking it.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like these kinds of collaborations can either be really good, or really bad. I personally don't like the FGL and Nelly mix, but I do like when 2 different genres create something together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes they are really random, like Ariana Grande at the country music awards this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most the time they are cool! I usually enjoy collaboration. You should totally check out Bassnectar if you haven't already. His collaborations are so kick ass!

    ReplyDelete